The Romanian National Council for Refugees is a non-governmental organization, providing assistance to refugees and asylum seekers.
The Romanian National Council for Refugees (CNRR) is a non-governmental organization, founded in 1998. We have been granted public utility status by the Romanian Government in 2003.
Our mission: to promote and defend, through all legal means, human rights in general and the rights of migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in particular.
Our specific objectives are:
1) to protect and to bear effectively the right to asylum during the refugee status determination procedure;
2) to integrate beneficiaries of international protection into the Romanian society.
Competence and Expertise Offered
The Romanian National Council for Refugees (CNRR) can offer expertise in the following aspects:
1) access to asylum procedures and legal counseling for registered asylum seekers
2) advocacy for integration, including naturalization
3) capacity building for public authorities
4) training community workers, translators and lawyers
5) monitoring force return
We seek to develop our capacity in the field of advocacy, support in strengthening our formal/ informal networks, strengthen our capacity to initiate and support joint advocacy actions within a network of NGOs. Also, we are interested to gain knowledge on fundraising and communication in the field of human rights.
training in the field of advocacy, capacity building training and fundraising.