Urbana is a partnership of architects and social scientists that aims to promote citizens’ participation in the reformation of urban environments.
Urbana’s main field work can be summarised as follows:
– Design and implementation of educational and raising awareness projects that aim to promote citizens participation in the social and spatial transformation of contemporary urban environments.
– Design of socio-spatial interventions that promote inclusion and equality in the public space of the cities.
– Raising awareness about equality through cultural and artistic events.
Competence and Expertise Offered
Urbana can offer expertise concerning inclusive urbanism, participatory methodologies (with children, women and general public), design of educational projects, architectural and urban proposals with a gender perspective.
Urbana seeks partners that have expertise in:
– gender equality and education and/or
– research on gender equality practices and/or
– gender perspective in urban/spatial practices.