The conference offered a unique opportunity for exchanging views and good practices of Roma and non-Roma organizations which are active in the policy influencing and in addressing community provblems, as well as to identify areas towards which policy makers and donors should direct their actions in the upcoming years.
The conference was organized within the framework of the NGO programme in Romania, funded through the EEA and Norway grants.
Read here the opening statement made by State Secretary Elsbeth Tronstad from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the occasion of the event.
Participants in the conference addressed a number of challeging issues and aspects that require further attention from all parts involved such as:
- improving the NGO approaches to policy formulation – from local, regional and national level to the European level;
- the effective engagement of the Roma in multi-ethnic communities;
- empowerment of Roma women;
- antidiscrimination and anti-Gypsysm;
- pending issues after 14 years of implementing the EU Race Directive.
Read the summary of the conclusions of the conference.
Read more about the NGO Programme in Romania.